Arbeitsgruppe von Ivan Kisel - Lehre
Prof. Dr. Ivan Kisel holds a practicum course of the High Performance Computing (HPC) at the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main. The course is aimed to teach students to operate on many and multi core computers. The students learn how to vectorize (SIMDize) the code on CPU, how to parallelize the code between cores of CPU and GPU. The working programming language is C++. The program of the course includes introductory lectures and exercises on:
- programming language C++;
- vectorization with operators overloading;
- vectorization with a Vc library;
- introduction to the Kalman filter method;
- introduction to ROOT;
- parallelization of the code on CPU with OpenMP;
- parallelization of the code with Intel TBB;
- parallelization of the code on CPU and GPU with OpenCL;
- parallelization of the code on the Xeon Phi platform.
The exercises are performed on local computers and on the servers with up to 80 CPU cores, NVidia or ATI GPUs and Intel Xeon Phi accelerator. Also a virtual machine is available with a preinstalled software required by the course.